Thursday, March 27, 2008

Easter New Beginnings

Forty years ago today, I was in Daytona Beach with a few other school buddies. We had taken our quarterly exams at the University of Florida and left Gainesville early, headed for the beach. I owned a 1965 Opal station wagon that would seat six and carry our surfboards tied to the luggage rack.

Thirty years ago this week, I had signed the a contract with Century 21 Real Estate Corporation to acquire the first Century 21 real estate franchise for the state of Alaska. Century 21 pioneered the real estate franchise concept in Southern California. At the time there were no franchises in Alaska but I thought the concept of a national affiliation was worth the investment. Within 5 years Century 21 had 7,000 real estate offices in the US and Canada and between 1981 and 1985 our office was the top producing sales office in the country.

Twenty years ago I was in negotiations to sell my Independent real estate and financial services corporation. At the time we had six offices and 200 agents and employees. I was also involved in commercial and land development, served as Vice Chairman of the Alaska Real Estate Commission and Vice Chairman of the Alaska Housing Finance Commission.

In the spring of 1998, Vicki and I completed the sale of our interest in a small mortgage bank in Rancho Cordova and we decided to work from our home in Pilot Hill. Vicki is still making pottery that is featured in several galleries and gift shops in the foothills and I continue my small individual practice of real estate and mortgage loans. We have no idea where the path of life will take us but eagerly look forward to the many twists and turns along the way. Spring is an exciting time of the year and we wish you and your family a Happy Easter and wonderful new beginnings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home